Senile Team launches kickstarter for new Dreamcast title: Intrepid Izzy
...Also coming to PC and PS4
Senile Team probably needs no introduction to many Dreamcast fans out there, but in case you’re not sure who they are: Senile Team is an indie dev studio, probably most famous for its Beats of Rage game and engine – which allowed 100s of scrolling beat ’em up mods to be brought across to the Dreamcast and other platforms. They also developed Rush Rush Rally for the Dreamcast and WiiWare back in 2009.
Now the team is back, with a bigger and (arguably) more substantial Dreamcast title, Intrepid Izzy. But the team needs your help! Which is why they have setup a Kickstarter for the game.
Intrepid Izzy is an old-school platformer, being developed by Senile Team for the Dreamcast, PC and PS4 (no word of Xbox One or Switch support I’m afraid) – combining platforming, beat ’em up and adventure elements to (as Senile Team puts it) “create a unique experience with depth, character and above all, fun!”
I must say, it looks pretty damn fun, even from the early screenshots (gallery below) and videos (above). Some of the game’s features include:
- Change Izzy’s abilities by collecting different costumes
- Branching dialogue system
- Simple, but versatile controls inspired by beat ’em ups: only 4 buttons used (jump, attack, special and look)
- Fully configurable controls
- Non-linear progression
- Huge bosses
- Magic, science fiction, talking animals, robots, spaceships… everything is possible and anything can happen!
If you want to show your support for Intrepid Izzy and Senile Team, head on over to their Kickstarter page now!