Earlier this week TecToy posted a video containing many classic Genesis games which ends the tease of an upcoming announcement and directed readers to sign up for its email list to be the first to learn about this announcement.
Since then, rumors have been swirling that this announcement is TecToy’s Genesis with HDMI output, a cartridge slot, SD slot and with the hardware that’s very close to the original.
Some WebSites like campograndenews are saying they got information with a insider and they already know what the console looks like:
- The new console will look like the Model 1 Genesis/Mega Drive;
- It will have cart slot, SD card reader, HDMI and AV output;
- It will come with a classic Genesis three-button controller;
- The box will be similar to the one from the ’90s;
- TecToy is still deciding on the hardware, however it’s known that they’re trying to keep it as close to the original one as possible;
- It will be manufactured in Brazil;
- Tectoy won’t manufacture new cartridges;
- Games could be released on SD cards;
- There’s a possibility that it will play games from other consoles (Probably Master System);
- The console will cost R$ 499 (around US $160).
To reinforce all these rumors TecToy posted in their blog the history of the Genesis and changed the art cover of their YouTube page to an image of the first Genesis model.
TecToy has also added an image on the e-mail list page where we can see a Wireless Genesis three-button controller with a Genesis model 1 and a cartridge on the slot.
The countdown is scheduled to end on Oct. 31, so we’ll have to wait until then to see if the rumors are real or not. We really hope they are true.