Those very attractive people over at Hucast have now opened the preorders on NG:DEV.Team‘s latest Dreamcast shooter, NEO XYX.
NEO XYX is actually a port of a NeoGeo classic, said to be the first NeoGeo game to support ‘true’ vertical scrolling screen.
The Dreamcast version was announced over a year ago, with a release date of 2013, which was then pushed back. But it’s now slated for a February 2014 release – so get your wallets at the ready and prepare for another new release on everybody’s favourite ‘dead’ system.
Game features include:
- 6 stages with varied and colorful settings
- 6 endbosses
- 5 midbosses
- 16-bit hand-drawn graphics (dot graphics)
- Switchable between vertical (TATE) and horizontal controls (YOKO)
- The HUD/score/lives/bombs etc… switch between TATE and YOKO too
- Professional printed CD
Supported Dreamcast accessories:
- VGA (requires a VGA box) / LOWRES
- S-VIDEO and RGB at 240p
- Original pad
- Arcade stick (buttons are fully customizable)
The game is region free, so will run on any Dreamcast without the need for modding or boot discs. It’s available as Regular, Limited Edition and Collector’s Edition releases.