Sonic racer will be called Team Sonic Racing, according to Wal-Mart listing
Wal-Mart ruins another E3 surprise
Wal-Mart has published a product listing for the upcoming Sonic racing game, and according to the page, the game will be called Team Sonic Racing and will also be coming to the Nintendo Switch.
According to the page, the game will support 12 players per race and will include online multiplayer and four-player, split-screen local co-op. There will be several race modes, including Grand Prix Mode, Exhibition Mode, Time Trial and Team Adventure Mode.
See below for the full item description:
Team Sonic Racing combines the best elements of arcade and fast-paced competitive style racing as you face-off with friends in intense multiplayer racing. Race together and work together as a team by sharing power-ups and speed boosts. Take control of your racing style – Choose from 3 distinct character types and unlock game changing vehicle customization options to suit your racing style. Speed up. Gear Up Team Racing at Sonic Speed!
- Online Multiplayer & Local Co-Op Modes 12 players per race, 4 player split screen, and various offline / online race modes including Grand Prix Mode, Exhibition Mode, Time-Trial and Team Adventure Mode.
- Team Racing Race as a team, win as a team. Use various team moves to assist your teammates, knock out opponents and unleash your Team Ultimate.
- Performance & Skin Customization Alter the appearance and handling of your vehicle.
- Wisps – 14 spectacular offensive and defensive items to help overcome rival teams and get ahead!
- Adventure Mode Unique story experience where players are introduced to basic game features and characters.
- Various Characters and Classes 15 playable characters from across the Sonic Universe and 3 distinct character types including Speed, Technique, and Power classes.