A music album that’s being made on a Genesis cartridge is coming this August
We’ve played music on many mediums including CDs, tapes, and vinyl, but how about a SEGA Genesis cartridge? Catskull Electronics/YM2017 plans on releasing a compilation album on a Genesis cartridge, with a scheduled release date of August 2017.
Here are the official details:
- Submission deadline is June 30, 2017
- Songs must be composed for the Sega Genesis using Deflemask or VGMmm (basically anything that an export a .VGM)
- Musicians will be compensated with cash plus a “contributors” edition of the cartridge
- Final release in early August, 2017
- International submissions are welcomed
- Your submission should be a new/unreleased song. Please don’t release it until the compo is released
- You retain all rights to your submission
You can submit your compositions to firstname.lastname@example.org and check out their website by clicking here.