Valkyria Revolution coming West this spring on PS4, Vita, Xbox One
After SEGA released Valkyria Chronicles on Steam last year to a very receptive PC audience, fans were clamoring for more of the series to make it to our shores. SEGA returned the favor and gave us Valkyria Chronicles Remastered on the PlayStation 4 in May this year (see our review), which was excellent.
When SEGA of Japan announced Valkyria: Azure Revolution would release in Japan this January, the discussion turned to whether SEGA would eventually release it in the West.
Today, SEGA and Deep Silver have announced they will publish Valkyria Revolution in North America and Europe, respectively, this spring on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita and Xbox One. The game will come in both physical and digital formats for the PS4 and Xbox One, while it will be digitally only on Vita.
SEGA announced a publishing agreement with Deep Silver in July to bring its games to Europe, so this is no surprise to see Deep Silver publishing it across the pond.
See the full press release below:
- A Brush with Death – Turning the tide of battle in Valkyria Revolution is Brunhilde, one of the last of the ancient and powerful Valkyrur, magical beings with near limitless power. She’s bound by oath to the enemy forces and players will have to figure out how to defeat her.
- Prepare for LeGION – Valkyria Revolution has a brand new battle system that mixes real-time combat and tactical strategy. Players can take control of the battlefield using brazen combos or cunning tactics and finding a balance between them is the key to excelling in skirmishes.
- The Ingenuity of War – Through adversity comes great engineering, and with a besieged homeland, players will have upgrade their existing weapons through branching customization paths.
- A New Painterly Look – Valkyria Revolution has a refined look thanks to the new Gouache rendering engine, giving the graphics a unique canvas texture.
- Classic Composer – Valkyria Revolution has a vibrant soundtrack brought to life by the incredibly talented composer Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Stella Glow)