SEGA Saturn emulator Yabause has a new update
There are many emulators that keep the SEGA spirit alive on the web, and the SEGA Saturn emulator Yabause is one of the best. The emulator has recently gotten a brand new update, which fixes some of the issues and builds upon the previous iterations.
“Arguably, the most notable features of this release are:
– Low-level CD Block emulation
– CloneCD file format support
– High resolution for the software renderer
We also included code from other great projects:
– Musashi 68K core (code by Karl Stenerud)
– SSF sound format playing (code by R. Belmont, Richard Bannister, Neil Corlett)”
As many of you should already be aware, Yabause was forked into a new project,
uoYabause, by devmiyax. We included some of his fixes back into Yabause.
Due to lack of maintainer, this release will be the last to include a gtk port.
Since our last release, we also improved our tools:
– Automated builds for linux, mac and windows
– Development builds pushed after each commit
– Translations on Transifex
– Compatibility reports on our wiki“
If you would like to help Yabause to keep making this awesome emulator even better, you can now support them on Patreon by clicking here.[via Yabause ]