Hardlight Studio’s Chris Southall promised a new Sonic Dash update was incoming, and boy, he wasn’t kidding. The latest update, which brings Sonic Dash to 1.5.0, adds a host of new features, most notably boosters.
Players can select up to three boosters from the five available to increase their scores in a variety of ways.
The different boosters are:
– Enemy combo: Each enemy combo is worth bonus points
– Spring bonus: Hitting a spring gives a score bonus that increases with every successive spring reached.
– Ring streak: Ring streaks give an additional score bonus.
– Final score bonus: Your score gets an added bonus at the end of the run.
– Golden Badnik: Defeat Golden Badniks for a x6 score bonus.
There’s also a new Daily Spin that gives players the chance to “win all-new boosters, jackpot prizes, including ring bundles and playable characters,” according to the update.
Aside from that, Hardlight fixed some bugs and promises performance improvements across all devices. Playing the game on my iPad 4, it appears appears the framerate is more smooth and stable with less graphical jitters, if that makes any sense. It probably doesn’t, though.