There are many emulators that keep the SEGA spirit alive on the web, and the SEGA Saturn emulator Yabause is one of the best. The emulator has recently gotten a brand new update, which fixes some of the issues and builds upon the previous iterations.
“Arguably, the most notable features of this release are:
– Low-level CD Block emulation
– CloneCD file format support
– High resolution for the software renderer
We also included code from other great projects:
– Musashi 68K core (code by Karl Stenerud)
– SSF sound format playing (code by R. Belmont, Richard Bannister, Neil Corlett)”
As many of you should already be aware, Yabause was forked into a new project,
uoYabause, by devmiyax. We included some of his fixes back into Yabause.
Due to lack of maintainer, this release will be the last to include a gtk port.
Since our last release, we also improved our tools:
If you would like to help Yabause to keep making this awesome emulator even better, you can now support them on Patreon by clicking here.[via Yabause ]