After it was leaked a couple days ago, Namco Bandai Games has officially announced Project X Zone 2 will release this fall in the Americas on the Nintendo 3DS, and it will indeed feature several returning and all new SEGA characters to the series.
Joining the game are Yakuza: Dead Souls’ Kazuma Kiryu and Goro Majima, Sakura Wars’ Erica Fontaine and Ichiro Ogami, Virtua Fighter’s Akria Yuki and Kage Maru, and Shinobi’s Hotsuma.
The original Project X Zone, released in June 2013, is a strategy RPG combining popular characters from SEGA, Capcom and Namco Bandai Games.
While more characters are promised to be announced later, notably absent is Space Channel 5’s Ulala, among others. Perhaps SEGA will choose to add the SEGA Hard Girls, which would be totally awesome.
The full list of announced characters are:
- Jill Valentine – Resident Evil: Revelations
- Chris Redfield – Resident Evil: Revelations
- Leon S. Kennedy – Resident Evil 6
- Dante – Devil May Cry
- Vergil – Devil May Cry
- X – Mega Man X
- Zero – Mega Man X
- Strider Hiryu – Strider
- Kazuma Kiryu – Yakuza: Dead Souls
- Goro Majima – Yakuza Dead Souls
- Erica Fontaine – Sakura Wars
- Ichiro Ogami – Sakura Wars
- Akira Yuki – Virtua Fighter
- Kage Maru – Virtua Fighter
- Hotsuma – Shinobi (PS2)
Namco Bandai Games
- Yuri Lowell – Tales of Vesperia
- Flynn Scifo – Tales of Vesperia
- Jin Kazama – Tekken
- Kazuya Mishima – Tekken
- Kite – .hack//
- Haseo – .hack//G.U.
- Natsu – SOULCALIBUR V