It’s crazy to think that SEGA Nerds has been around for nearly 10 years. Throughout that time, many staff members have come and gone, but it’s always great to meet new, excited fans who share our passion for SEGA and gaming at large.
Today, we have a small, tight-knit team of content contributors from all across the world who are dedicated to producing the best SEGA-focused content anywhere on the web.
We’re always on the look-out for new staff members to join the team, so if you think you have what it takes, give it a shot!
Note before applying:
- Unless otherwise stated, all positions are on a voluntary basis and no staff members will receive monetary compensation. We do provide an unlimited supply of hugs and high fives, though! <3
- All staff members should be proficient in writing and speaking in English. Proficiency in Japanese, in addition to English, is a huge plus!
- Additionally, all staff members must be at least 18 years old.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about SEGA, video games and have a knack at conveying that enthusiasm through their writing. We don’t want someone who simply regurgitates news found around the web, but someone who can offer a unique perspective about the story and someone who’s willing to go the extra mile to dig up every bit of news possible.
- Prior writing experience is preferred but not required.
- WordPress experience is preferred but not required.
- Prior image editing/Photoshop experience.
- Keeping your finger on the pulse and knowing all the goings-on regarding SEGA and its development studios.
- Writing daily news articles about SEGA, the SEGA community, indie developers, etc.
- Uploading images and video to the website.
- Designing and laying out your news articles to be ready for publishing.
If you’re interested in applying for the news writer position, please send an email to email@example.com with the title “News Writer job application.” Tell us a little about yourself, why you think you’d make a great addition to the SEGA Nerds team and attach two sample news posts on a SEGA topic of your choice (minimum 500 words).
We have some pretty big ideas for expanding the site, and we need a dedicated web designer to make that vision become a reality. If you’re interested in helping us bring SEGA Nerds to the next level and you have previous web design experience, please consider applying for this position.
- Have prior web and WordPress design experience.
- Be comfortable doing web design while using HTML and CSS.
- Know web analytic tools and software.
- Enhance the design and development of web-based applications and online marketing initiatives.
- Assist with the ongoing maintenance and updating of the website.
If you’re interested in applying for the web designer position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Web Designer job application.” Tell us a little about yourself, why you think you’d make a great addition to the SEGA Nerds team and provide us with at least two samples of your design work.
The ideal candidate should have a creative capacity, strong attention to detail and the ability to visualize the final product during the design process. Editorial designers must be able to schedule and prioritize tasks, have excellent attention to detail and the ability to work independently. Additionally, the candidate should possess the communication skills needed to collaborate with the SEGA Nerds editorial team.
- Have prior Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop experience.
- Prior experience with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite and with HTML5/responsible design templates.
- Knowledge of design properties concepts, such as type size, font style, spacing, column width and placement.
- Design editorial layouts, working on magazine cover designs and promotional materials.
- Primarily responsible for the design and layout of a web-based/print publication.
- Utilize layout software to assemble text, photographs and other content in an aesthetically pleasing and easy-to-read arrangement.
- Transferring material to the Internet using Web publishing software.
If you’re interested in applying for the editorial designer position, please send an email to email@example.com with the title “Editorial designer job application.” Tell us a little about yourself, why you think you’d make a great addition to the SEGA Nerds team and provide us with samples of your portfolio. (Note: This is a paid position)