The newest issue of Famitsu has released new information about the upcoming Sonic Forces game. In an interview with Takashi Iizuka, he revealed new details about the gameplay and the third “unexpected” character that will be making an appearance. Here are the key points from the interview translated by @PushDustIn from Source Gaming.
The summary of Sonic Forces is said that Dr. Eggman has taken over 99% of the world. Sonic and friends form the “Resistance”, then another Sonic (Classic Sonic) appears, and must protect the last parts of the world from falling into Dr. Eggman’s control.
- Sonic Forces will use the boost system from Sonic Unleashed.
- The stages will be based on reaching the goal with a time limit.
- Classic Sonic stages will be returning in the old-school 2D side-scroller, but are said to have a twist on them.
- Iizuka-san also stated that Boom Sonic will NOT be the third character in the game.
- Sonic Forces has been in-development since 2013, after Sonic Lost World’s release.
- Sonic is fighting an Eggman who has almost taken over the world.
- Sonic Forces will be available to play at E3 this year and the third character will be revealed, as well.
How do you feel with this new release of news about Sonic Forces? Are you more hyped or more concerned? Let us know in the comments.
Sonic Forces will be released on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC in the Holiday of 2017.