SEGA of Europe has added new features to its current Sega Genesis / Mega Drive Classics Colleciton on Steam. The updates include the following:
- New modern console controllers support: The new patch (released this week) now lets you use the PS4 (using custom DS4 Windows drivers), Xbox One and Steam Controller.
- Simultaneous controller, mouse and keyboard assignment and control.
- New input manager with more customisation for button mapping.
- Game performance improvement. Vsync now off by default (120 fps when disabled). Sega advices to leave as it is if there’s any emulator performance issues.
- New 16:9 “stretched fullscreen” (off by default).
- For lower graphics, you can enable “fastest” graphics.
There are reports of people Blast Processing to the max running Sega PC Classics in excess of 600 frames per second, causing overheating.