Android users, the long wait is over because Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom is now available on your chosen platform worldwide.
Hardlight Studio’s latest release was released last week on iOS, and features several notable additions and improvements over the original title.
Sonic Dash 2 will allow you to play as Sonic, Tails, Amy, Knuckles and Sticks, and features a new Team Play mode, that allows you to play the game with up to three characters and swap between them mid-race. It also includes character specific powers, which is certainly a welcome addition to make the gameplay feel a bit more different between each character.
Here are the features directly from the game’s page on the Google Play Store:
- RACE with up to three characters in new Team Play mode! Swap runners mid-race to earn high scores
- UNLEASH new special powers – Sonic’s Dash Ring Magnet, Knuckle’s Slam, Amy’s Ring Hammer, and more
- CONQUER new obstacles and Badniks
- DASH on new fast-paced tracks in and above the beautiful Sonic Boom world
- MASTER new Swing & Tilt gameplay with the super charged Enerbeam; tilt your device to swing the runner towards the Rings and Orbs
- COLLECT, evolve, and run with new magical Sprites
- EARN special prizes in new Events and Daily SEGA Challenges
I know the Sonic Boom franchise has been off to a bad start, but if Sonic Dash 2 is even close to as good as the original, I think the game will do some good in restoring some of the confidence with longtime SEGA fans. Look for our review of the game soon!