In the latest Dengeki Playstation this week, an interview with Hyperdimension Neptunia VS SEGA Hard Girls game producers has been published. It was revealed that this crossover will spawn a new character that both universes will share, the character’s name will be Hatsumi SEGA, and will have an “S” ponytail.
Along with that the following was revealed too (with translation via Gematsu) :
- The game features an original protagonist named Hatsumi Sega. She’s illustrated by Tsunako, and her design is said to be that of a short girl with an S-shaped ponytail.
- The game was born out of a separate meeting Ono was supposed to have with Idea Factory. He ended up asking if it was possible for a collaboration with Sega Hard Girls to happen.
- Ono had been previously familiar with Neptunia series and wanted to do something since working on planning the original Sega Hard Girls series.
- Development is being handled by Felistella and started last fall. The Neptunia Team is contributing art and other visual assets.
- The game is an RPG that sees the Neptunia and Sega Hard Girls camps fighting one another.
- The main focus character-wise is IF-chan and Hatsumi Sega.
- Gameplay systems are vastly different from standard Neptunia games.
- There’s attention to detail for the Sega Hard Girls; Saturn, for example, can’t use both of her hands at the same time because of the console’s CPU quirks.
The mag’s spread is the following: