Well, it’s 2014 and we have a fun project going on here at SEGA Nerds Towers – we’re going to make a retro RPG about SEGA Nerds! And we want to make the game as fun for gamers and SEGA fans as possible.
The story revolves around our main Editor, Chris Powell, waking up on a desert island, with no memories. Meeting a mysterious female character, he finds out that the SEGA Nerds’ team has gone missing and it’s up to him to try to find/rescue them and bring the site back together. This means visiting towns, talking to NPCs, entering random battles and exploring a giant over world, on the quest to save the SEGA Nerds.
Now, we need to point out that we (our humble team here at SEGA Nerds) are taking up this venture off our own back. We are creating the game, the story – everything ourselves, so it may take some time.
Some features we hope to include are:
- Traditional J-RPG style of gameplay
- Plenty of SEGA references and jokes
- Game parodies (SEGA and non-SEGA)
- Plus – custom character art from our good friend, Kopke
- If successful enough, we hope to make the game episodic – which means more SEGA Nerds games, with a continuing storyline!
- Full or partial voice acting – it all depends on how well we can implement it, but we hope to bring more life to our characters with voice acting throughout the game.
So there you have it. We will be bringing you regular updates of our progress on the Nerdcast and we hope to have the first episode of the game out to you sometime in 2014!